Raffle – A raffle for 6 items including Wine Tasting at Coopers Hawk, Parker’s Restaurant, a 2019-2020 show at North Central College, and 2 tickets to the Chicago Symphony Orchestra 12/23/19 show. Tickets are $10, and the student gets $9 per ticket in their student account. Orders are due Friday, September 27, and winners will be pulled at the Fall Choir Concert on Oct. 10. Winners need not be present to win. Order form and flyer.
Our booster organizations have been hard at work planning fundraisers to help our students get to Disney, pay for voice lessons, and more. This email is an overview of the fundraisers currently planned by both the Choir and Band Boosters. Choir students can participate in and benefit from fundraisers sponsored by either group. Please direct questions to the person indicated for each organization. Have a great weekend! Margaret Winchell and Joy Belt-Roselieb
Find out more at: http://www.dgschoir.org/?page_id=31
A copy of the benefits of membership and the sign-up information is form.
If you are going to Disney, please note important action items.
- Subscribe to email updates via our tour blog. This blog will be the only way that we communicate with families going forward. CLICK HERE to sign up, then check your email for an activation link. If you do not see a confirmation email in your inbox, please check your junk/spam folder.
- District-required travel forms have been printed for each student. Please fill the forms out completely and return them by Monday, September 30. Students should return these forms to the Fine Arts Department administrative assistant, Ms. Parrott at South High and Ms. Moran at North High. If you lose your copy of the forms, they’re available to print on the tour blog.
- Room sign-ups are coming soon! Students will have an opportunity to sign up to room with the peers of their choice within the next week. The sign-up sheet will be posted outside B124 at South High and on the Orchestra office window at North High.
- Complete this form to order a t-shirt (required) and share your student’s dietary restrictions. Please do this by Monday, September 30. Students will be wearing this shirt twice (on airport days). Shirts are $10 each. Please write a check to DGS Fine Arts and submit it to the Fine Arts Secretary by the September 30th due date.
We are looking forward to traveling with all of you!
Joy Belt-Roselieb, DaJuan Brooks, Greg Hensel, Jennifer Mullen, Glenn Williams, Margaret Winchell
DOWNERS GROVE SOUTH HIGH SCHOOL CHOIR
Monday, November 5th
1001 West 75th Street, Woodridge, IL 60517
Time: Before Late Start and from 4-8 pm
Greetings, DGS Choir Parents!
It was great to meet so many of you recently at Open House, and we hope it is only the beginning of your involvement this year in your students’ musical lives. As promised, here’s a grab bag of important info relevant to students in the choral program.
Boosters: Our choir boosters support the program through funding scholarships, organizing fundraisers, serving concessions at performances, and distributing spirit wear. The first booster meeting is tonight, Monday, September 10 at 7pm in the choir room, and all are welcome. We are actively seeking to grow the boosters, particularly with parents of freshmen and sophomores. Even if you choose not to attend monthly meetings regularly, support the boosters and the choirs by returning the attached membership form. Commitment is scalable, and we love keeping you in the loop.
Communication: Join our Choir Remind group by texting @dgsch to the number 81010. Here, we’ll remind parents and students about concerts and call times and direct you to any important long-form communication (like this email!).
Concert Attire – Curricular Choirs (Freshman Girls Choir, Concert Choir, Treble Choir, A Cappella Choir): Start prepping now! For our October 11 concert students will wear robes – these hit about mid-calf. Under their robes, students should wear something presentable but cool – dress slacks and dress shirt, a dress, etc. The guideline here is that we should be able to tell you were in the concert even after you remove the robe. Students also need to wear black shoes. No sneakers, no boots, short or no heel. Any hair accessories (headbands, ribbons, etc.) should be neutral colors.
Concert Attire – Select Ensembles (Chamber Singers, Treble Ensemble, Madrigals): Students should be looking for information coming from their director soon, as some elements of attire vary with each group. That being said, we are moving to one ensemble dress for women this year (the same for each ensemble), which is $65, and students will also need black character shoes, which we purchase for $40. Madrigals and Chamber Singers guys will purchase attire through the school as well (tuxes and ties, respectively) – details and costs on these coming soon. Payment for all ensemble wear is due September 30. (Checks payable to DGS.) Scholarship is available for families in need; please let us know soon if this might be the case for you.
Voice Lessons: Your student has the opportunity to take voice lessons at school once each week during their choir class at a rate of $20-25, depending on the teacher. Spots are filling up very quickly, so if you meant to turn in the form and haven’t yet, it is attached!
Thanks, always, for supporting your singer in the fine arts at DGS!
Joy Belt-Roselieb and Margaret Winchell
If your choir student did any sort of fundraising, they have some money in their account to use to pay for things like voice lessons, mandatory dress or mandatory tux.
Listed by i.d. number are the totals in each account.
In support of all Fine Arts at DGS, South High School Visual Art students from Honors Drawing 3 and Painting 2 recently submitted portraits for the 2018 Memory Project.
OH MY GAZANIAS! IT’S THE DSG BAND BOOSTER PLANT SALE!
Hello Mustang Families! It’s time for the best fundraiser of the year, THE PLANT SALE! If you are new to the Downers Grove South Band Booster fundraisers, we have got a treat for you! You have the opportunity to buy some spectacular planting flowers and hanging baskets at reasonable prices, plus raise money for the DGS Music Program while your student earns money in their student account! (Incoming Freshmen are eligible, too!) This money can be used for any music related expenses (supplies, fees, lessons, trips, etc.) Last year we raised over $6000! Bring on the sunshine, and bring on the Plant Sale! Go Mustangs!
Students: Earn some money in your student account (~ 17%) by selling plants! All students in the DGS music program are eligible. (Band, Choir, and Orchestra) Everyone loves fresh spring flowers, so they’re easy to sell. We offer excellent quality flowers and tomatoes from Nash Greenhouse in Kalamazoo, MI. The plants are gorgeous, the prices are competitive, and delivery is just in time for Mother’s Day!
Even if you don’t know the difference between a coleus and a cosmos….you can sell plants!
- Visit the Booster website www.dgsbandboosters.com (click Fundraisers, under the Boosters tab) Print the Plant Sale Order Forms (and photos if needed).
- Show and Tell! Talk to your relatives, friends, and neighbors. Or simply email them a brief personal note with a link to our website. Tell them you offer quality plants, competitive prices, and personalized free delivery.
- Fill out the order form and collect their checks payable to Downers Grove South.
- Turn in all order forms and checks by Thursday, April 5.
Drop in the band mailbox, or mail to
PLANTS – Attn: Craig Roselieb
Downers Grove South High School
- Pick up all plants on SATURDAY, May 12, 9:00 am to 11:00 am, in the DGS south parking lot.
- Deliver the plants to your customers and watch them smile!