Hello choir students and families,
Each year, the DGS Choir Boosters organize a raffle for several sporting and theater events – they’re amazing! The person buying the ticket gets to choose which raffle item they want to put their ticket in the drawing for.
Cost: $10 per ticket. Of that total cost, $9 per ticket will be going into the student’s music account for future expenses of choir trips, ensemble attire (dresses, ties, tuxes), or voice lessons. Because students keep 90% of every sale, this is a great fundraiser for students to earn money that they themselves can use!
Incentive: The choir directors are currently pursuing the opportunity to travel sometime in the spring of 2020. This raffle fundraiser is the best opportunity for students to earn money toward their own trip.
Deadlines and Drawing: Raffle ticket order forms and money are due to the choir mailbox by 3:30 pm on Thursday, February 28, 2019. Boosters Raffle Flyer 2019_B Winners do not need to be present to win, but it’s really fun if they are! Invite your ticket-buyers to see our choir show (Motown)!
The six raffle items include:
1) 4 tickets for Wolves vs Colorado Eagles game on Saturday April 6th, 2019 at 7pm, All State Arena
2) 4 tickets for Bulls game – winner will pick a two-game option depending on availability
3) 4 tickets for Cubs vs Miami Marlins game on Wednesday, May 8 in the 200 level at 7:05pm
4) 2 tickets for Drury Lane Theatre, show TBD
5) 2 tickets for Paramount Theatre, show TBD
6) 2 tickets for Broadway in Chicago show, Cruel Intentions: The 90s Musical, at Broadway Playhouse Theatre on April 2, 2019 at 7:30pm
Order Form Logistics: The order form is attached. When a person buys a “ticket,” they will not actually receive a physical ticket. Like Girl Scout Cookies, they fill out a line in the form with the number of tickets they want to enter for each item. If I want four chances to win the Cubs tickets and two chances to win the Drury Lane tickets, I put “4” in the Cubs box and “2” in the Drury Lane box, and I write a check for $60. Checks should be payable to DGS.